19 April 2011
Materials handling exhibition CeMAT opens next month
CeMAT, the materials handling and logistics exhibition, opens for business on 2 May for a five-day show. Taking place at the Deutsche Messe in Hannover, Germany, CeMAT plays host to around 1,000 companies and has sustainability as its theme this year.
Although the exhibition takes place in Germany, more than half the exhibitors – and many visitors – come from other countries, giving the event a truly global feel. Exhibitors come mostly from the forklift truck market and logistics technology, but also include suppliers of packaging systems, cranes, order pickers, warehouse automation and more.
Several exhibitors will be familiar to those attending from the UK:
* Toyota Material Handling's stand in hall 26 will combine product launches with opportunities for visitors to learn about key forklift-related issues such as safety, fuel-efficient driving and more. Visitors can also see demonstrations of Toyota's hybrid forklift truck, which is now available commercially in Japan.
* Kardex Remstar will be unveiling its new technology solution call Global Power Pick at the Kardex stand in hall 13. The online warehouse management software module enables stock levels to be checked at any time and from anywhere in the world using an iPad, iPhone or any other web-enabled mobile phone.
* Forklift truck manufacturer Jungheinrich will be demonstrating a number of products and services, including the debut appearance of its driverless transport system, the Auto Pallet Mover. Also on show will be a new fleet management solution, called ISM Online, which can manage and analyse forklift truck fleets of any size or complexity – or in any country. Other highlights include a new stacker truck for awkward loads, plus new LPG and diesel counterbalance trucks.
* Long load handling specialist Combilift will be exhibiting 16 models, including a new straddle carrier, a new counterbalance Combi model with increased load capacity of 4 tonnes and the Aisle-Master articulated range.
* Forklift manufacturer Nexen – headquartered in the UK with production in Taiwan – will be demonstrating its X-range at the event. The range combines diesel and LPG versions with load capacities up to 5 tonnes. The range includes features such as an LCD dashboard which monitors functions and shuts the truck down if, for example, the driver ignores oil pressure warnings.
* Explosion protection specialist Pyroban will be exhibiting its gas detection System 6000, along with a number of Pyroban-converted trucks.
For more details on the event, see www.cemat.de/home.
Jungheinrich UK Ltd
Nexen Lift Trucks Ltd
Toyota Material Handling UK Ltd
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the sales team.