08 March 2017
GKN Drivelines Birmingham Factory Tour
Themes: Continuous improvement, employee engagement, visual management
See the GKN Birmingham plant that’s on a mission to become one of the group’s top performing European manufacturing plants in terms of quality, safety and productivity.
Take the tour of GKN Driveline on 8 March and discover how the management team has used gemba walks and recognition to galvanise employees behind improvement in a site making more than 4 million propshafts and sideshafts a year, bound for OEMs including JLR and Nissan.
Attend this tour and discover:
- The value of recognition: hear how a simple ‘well done’ has made all the difference in reinforcing best practice and won employee buy-in to CI in a 60-year-old site
- Outstanding lean visual management systems: GKN operates the kamishibai principle, a Japanese term meaning tell a story through pictures. Lineside team boards are awash with photos and illustrations with a red and green card system for denoting task completion for shift workers
- Discover how £2m capital investment is helping bolster production capacity
- Cross functional team problem solving: see the planning room and understand the techniques that allowed GKN employees to mastermind huge reductions in scrap metal bills
- The value of gemba: hear how all managers incorporate line-side walks into their busy agendas and how they handle those difficult conversations with operators
Demand expected to be high, book now…http://www.wmfactorytours.co.uk/
This material is protected by MA Business copyright
One-off usage is permitted but bulk copying is not.
For multiple copies contact the sales team.